Thursday, May 5, 2011

Old Pueblo Dig!

We had such an amazing day at the Archaeology Center.  We excavated an ancient Pit House and Ramada.  Some of the artifacts we found were pottery shards, bones, pots, skulls, toys/sculptures, charcoal, etc.  When we were finished excavating we mapped the location of the artifacts in our sites.  We did this using string and then created a grid plot.  We were able to tell where they cooked, played, and even kept their storage based on the artifacts in the different sites.  We were FULL of dirt but it was FULL of fun!  



7 comments:

  1. I have to say the dig was quiet fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs Ronnie-
    Its Bryce Knox. For her class, I was one of her students last year. I was looking through my memory book and I wanted to know if I could come back and visit you and your class.

    One of your old students-\
    Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of my favorite class field trips! I loved it to bad my mom couldnt be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who is anonymous it's creeping me out!?!?!?!!?!?!???????!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this field trip was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The field trip was fun I can't wait until our Tubac field trip it's going to be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete