Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Home Stretch!

Hi Parents!


My flight was cancelled on Sunday so I didn’t make it back to Tucson until yesterday afternoon after being rerouted and driving an additional 2 hours. It was a long 24 hours. The only plus was that I was able to get a lot of National Board work done so I’m closer to finishing . It was great to walk in this morning and see 30 smiles waiting for me. We are in the home stretch! Can’t believe how this year is flying……it’s bittersweet . I just wanted to keep you in the loop about some upcoming things:

*We just finished our science unit on Weather. We’ll be testing tomorrow so the kiddos need to study tonight. Their study guides are in their binders.

*Report Cards will come home on Friday. They are for 3rd quarter. I keep telling the kiddos that everyone gets to start fresh this week so let’s finish strong!

*We’ll be starting our Power Point book reports tomorrow. They should have their book completely read and bring it to class so they can start to work. This report will be done at school.

*We finished our literature unit on Holes and it was amazing! They would beg to start reading EVERY day. It’s amazing what one book can do! They’ll be taking their final test tomorrow and finishing up their contracts this week. As a reward I’m letting them watch the movie, Holes on Friday. The permission slips went home today. Please sign it and return by Thursday.

*Old Pueblo field trip is next Friday, the 5th! I had an extra chaperone spot open up so if you would like to join us just let me know ASAP. It’s going to be a great day full of learning and dirt!

*We are about 200 laps from the Milers goal the kiddos set at the beginning of the year. If they don’t reach the class goal they don’t go to the movie at the end of the year. There are only 8-10 Milers left so we’re trying to kick it in to gear. We’d love to have you as a guest walker!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment